Arsenal captain Little has surgery
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Arsenal Women’s captain Kim Little has undergone successful surgery on a foot injury.
An Arsenal statement released on Thursday morning read: "Kim Little has undergone successful surgery on a foot injury and is expected to be back and available for selection later in the season.
"Everyone at the club is wishing Kim a speedy return."
Little missed the recent Continental Cup semi-final and Women's Super League matches against Manchester City.
The full extent of the injury is not yet known, but with Lia Wälti not travelling to Liverpool for Thursday's WSL game and Jill Roord suspended it's likely England defender Leah Williamson will come into a midfield role.
You may also want to watch:
Little recently made her 200th appearance for the club and scored against Reading in the Continental Cup.
The Scottish International has netted five times in 12 league appearances this season as the defending champions sit third in the Women's Super League table.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting