Arsenal chief scout tells Wenger to sign £2m Greek starlet Konstantinos Mavropanos
- Credit: Sky Sports
Arsenal are closing in on their first signing of the January transfer window, with the club set to agree a £2m deal for Greek central defender Konstantinos Mavropanos from PAS Giannina, according to reports.
The 20-year-old has become a regular for the Super League side this season and has been identified by new chief scout Sven Mislintat.
The former Borussia Dortmund scout has links to the player’s agent through BVB defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos.
Reports claim the Athens-born U21 international had a medical in London this week – and should a deal go through, he is expected to be sent on loan to Bundesliga side Werder Bremen in order to continue his development.
Olympiakos also reportedly held an interest in the centre-back but it would appear the Gunners have beaten the 44-time Greek champions to Mavropanos’ signature.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old will be the second Greek player to sign for Arsenal, following in the footsteps of Stathis Tavlaridis, who played eight games for the North Londoners between 2001 and 2004.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE