Arsenal comprehensively beat Chelsea prompting furious Blues boss Maurizio Sarri to denounce his side
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri aimed remarkable criticism at his Blues side after Arsenal comprehensively outplayed the Stamford Bridge outfit.
Unai Emery’s Gunners were dominant from the start leaving Sarri furious at his side’s poor performance during their 2-0 loss at the Emirates.
First half goals from Alex Lacazette and Laurent Koscielny sealed the win – with the home side excelling at the back while looking lively up front, as they pressed intensively for the majority of the match, pushing the visitors onto the backfoot.
A furious Sarri, speaking in the media room after the match, explained he would speak in Italian because he wanted to be ‘clear’.
He thundered: “I’m extremely angry. This defeat was down to our mentality. It is something I can’t accept
You may also want to watch:
“I’m not happy at all.
“This group of players is extremely difficult to motivate.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
The result moves Arsenal three points off the top four behind Chelsea.
The Gunners next league match is Cardiff City at home on Tuesday, January 29 before they travel to the Etihad to take on Manchester City on Sunday, February 3.
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29