Arsenal Women confirm Arnth exit
Arsenal Women have confirmed that Danish international defender Janni Arnth is leaving to join Italian club Fiorentina, their Champions League opponents.
Arnth joined the Gunners in 2018 from Linkopings and leaves north London having made 10 appearances including scoring on her FA Women's Super League debut against West Ham United.
She also featured in the Gunners league cup final defeat to Manchester City at Bramall Lane in February.
However, with the signing of Jennifer Beattie and the ever-present Leah Williamson continuing to show her defensive class, Arnth has slipped further down the pecking order at the club.
She could face the Gunners as early as next month as the Champions League dates have confirmed Arsenal will travel to Italy on Thursday September 12 and host the return leg two weeks later.
You may also want to watch:
A club statement said: "Everyone at the club thanks Janni for her contribution and professionalism during her time at Arsenal and wishes her all the best in the future."
- 1 Islington shooting victim named
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 5 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 6 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine