Arsenal Women confirm Arnth exit
Arsenal Women have confirmed that Danish international defender Janni Arnth is leaving to join Italian club Fiorentina, their Champions League opponents.
Arnth joined the Gunners in 2018 from Linkopings and leaves north London having made 10 appearances including scoring on her FA Women's Super League debut against West Ham United.
She also featured in the Gunners league cup final defeat to Manchester City at Bramall Lane in February.
However, with the signing of Jennifer Beattie and the ever-present Leah Williamson continuing to show her defensive class, Arnth has slipped further down the pecking order at the club.
She could face the Gunners as early as next month as the Champions League dates have confirmed Arsenal will travel to Italy on Thursday September 12 and host the return leg two weeks later.
You may also want to watch:
A club statement said: "Everyone at the club thanks Janni for her contribution and professionalism during her time at Arsenal and wishes her all the best in the future."
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator