Arsenal confirm Tangerines on Halloween as witching hour approaches for Blackpool’s Carabao Cup fourth round Emirates date
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have confirmed the date of their Carabao Cup fourth round tie with Blackpool at the Emirates.
Unai Emery’s side secured a clash with Blackpool after beating Championship side Brentford 3-1 at the Emirates in the third round.
A brace from striker Danny Welbeck put the Gunners 2-0 ahead before Alan Judge pulled a goal back in the second half for Dean Smith’s Bees.
A late Alexandre Lacazette strike sealed the match in front of an attendance announced by Arsenal as 49,586.
The victory means Arsenal will now host Terry McPhillips’ Tangerines on Wednesday, October 31 – which also happens to be Halloween.
You may also want to watch:
McPhilips, the former Halifax striker and Blackburn Rovers assistant boss, has steadied the ship after Gary Bowyer left the club in August.
The Divison One side are currently in ninth place in the third tier and are unbeaten in their last five league games, with two wins and three draws.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 4 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 £1.5m revamp of Stroud Green Primary School given go-ahead
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
The fixture will also mean there is no clash with Freddie Ljungberg’s U21 side who play Chletenham Town in the Checkatrade Trophy at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium – formely known as Whaddon Road – on Tuesday, October 30.