Arsenal confirm Tangerines on Halloween as witching hour approaches for Blackpool’s Carabao Cup fourth round Emirates date
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have confirmed the date of their Carabao Cup fourth round tie with Blackpool at the Emirates.
Unai Emery’s side secured a clash with Blackpool after beating Championship side Brentford 3-1 at the Emirates in the third round.
A brace from striker Danny Welbeck put the Gunners 2-0 ahead before Alan Judge pulled a goal back in the second half for Dean Smith’s Bees.
A late Alexandre Lacazette strike sealed the match in front of an attendance announced by Arsenal as 49,586.
The victory means Arsenal will now host Terry McPhillips’ Tangerines on Wednesday, October 31 – which also happens to be Halloween.
You may also want to watch:
McPhilips, the former Halifax striker and Blackburn Rovers assistant boss, has steadied the ship after Gary Bowyer left the club in August.
The Divison One side are currently in ninth place in the third tier and are unbeaten in their last five league games, with two wins and three draws.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
The fixture will also mean there is no clash with Freddie Ljungberg’s U21 side who play Chletenham Town in the Checkatrade Trophy at the Jonny-Rocks Stadium – formely known as Whaddon Road – on Tuesday, October 30.