Arsenal confirm date and time of FA Cup third round fixture
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have confirmed the date and kick-off time for their FA Cup third-round fixture.
Unai Emery’s Gunners will face Solihull Moors or Blackpool in the third-round of the FA Cup on Saturday, January 5.
Kick-off time will be 5.30pm and the match will be live on BT 2.
Arsenal have won the world’s oldest knock-out tournament a record 13 times with the latest triumph in 2017 when the North Londoners beat Chelsea 2-1 at Wembley.
Emery’s side have already faced the Tangerines this season when they beat Terry McPhillips side 2-1 in N5 in the third round of the Carabao Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Stephan Lichtsteiner put the home side ahead before Emile Smith Rowe scored his first senior goal at the Emirates converting from close range after former Arsenal academy goalkeeper Mark Howard had palmed away Carl Jenkinson’s effort to make it 2-0.
On loan 21-year-old Paudie O’Connor grabbed a consolation while Matteo Guendouzi received his first red card in an Arsenal shirt after two bookable offences.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
National League side Solihull made it through to face Blackpool after beating Hitchin 2-0 at Top Field after the North Herts Canaries made it through to the first round of the competition for the first time in 23 years last month.
Emery’s sided made it 20 games unbeaten on Wednesday evening at Old Trafford in a 2-2 draw with Manchester United as they prepare to face Huddersfield Town at the Emirates on Saturday.
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29