Arsenal confirm Mead MCL injury
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Arsenal have confirmed Beth Mead has suffered an MCL injury and is expected to be back for selection later on in the season.
The England International was forced off after a collision of knees against Liverpool during the Gunners 3-2 win in Chester.
An Arsenal club statement said: "Beth Mead sustained a knee injury during our Women's Super League fixture against Liverpool and scans have since confirmed that she's injured her MCL.
"She has already started her rehabilitation with the club and is expected to be back and available for selection later in the season. Everyone at the club wishes Beth a speedy recovery."
Mead has played 25 times in all competitions for the defending WSL champions this season, scoring eight goals in the process, and has earned praise from England manager Phil Neville, who claimed she was having her best ever season.
You may also want to watch:
She joins Lia Wälti, Kim Little, Katrine Veje and Danielle Carter on the sidelines, but Arsenal were boosted this week as Carter returned to training after a long lay-off.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 6 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 7 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator