Arsenal confirm Monreal exit
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal have confirmed the departure of defender Nacho Monreal to La Liga side Real Sociedad in a permanent transfer.
The Spanish left-back was signed by former boss Arsene Wenger in January 2013, joining from Malaga, and went on to make 250 appearances for the Gunners, scoring 10 goals.
Monreal won three FA Cups, three Community Shields and helped the club reach the Europa League final last season.
He also played a central defensive role for the club and was part of the Spain squad at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
He leaves Emirates Stadium before the closure of the European transfer window on Monday and a statement on the Arsenal club website said: "We would like to thank Nacho for his contribution to the club and everyone at Arsenal wishes him the best for his future."
You may also want to watch:
*Arsenal are set to host Tottenham in the north London derby on Sunday (4.30pm), with German international Mesut Ozil available for the first time this season following safety concerns after an attempted car-jacking and illness.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close