Arsenal Women confirm Walti injury
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal have confirmed that midfielder Lia Walti has suffered a hamstring injury that will rule her out for a few more weeks.
Walti has been a crucial figure and played 20 times in all competitions this season as Arsenal sit third in the Women's Super League going into Saturday's Continental Cup final in Nottingham.
A club statement said: "Lia Walti has sustained a hamstring injury and is expected to be back and available for selection later in the season.
"Everyone at the club wishes Lia a speedy recovery"
Wälti joins Beth Mead, Kim Little and Danielle Carter on the sidelines through injury and will miss Switzerland's double header with Austria next month despite being named in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
She signed a long-term contract with Arsenal in December after her impressive performances in central midfield.
Meanwhile, goalkeeper Pauline Peyraud-Magnin has been named in the France squad for the Tournoi de France next month.
- 1 Islington shooting victim named
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller