Arsenal Women confirm Walti injury
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Arsenal have confirmed that midfielder Lia Walti has suffered a hamstring injury that will rule her out for a few more weeks.
Walti has been a crucial figure and played 20 times in all competitions this season as Arsenal sit third in the Women's Super League going into Saturday's Continental Cup final in Nottingham.
A club statement said: "Lia Walti has sustained a hamstring injury and is expected to be back and available for selection later in the season.
"Everyone at the club wishes Lia a speedy recovery"
Wälti joins Beth Mead, Kim Little and Danielle Carter on the sidelines through injury and will miss Switzerland's double header with Austria next month despite being named in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
She signed a long-term contract with Arsenal in December after her impressive performances in central midfield.
Meanwhile, goalkeeper Pauline Peyraud-Magnin has been named in the France squad for the Tournoi de France next month.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’