Arsenal defender Sokratis: We made it too easy for Chelsea
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal centre-half Sokratis has said his side made it ‘too easy’ for Chelsea during the Gunners 3-2 defeat in the London derby at Chelsea on Saturday. Read on for what he had to say.
The former Borussia Dortmund defender has been speaking after the match in West London which saw Unai Emery’s side fall to the second defeat in two matches.
On the loss…
It was a difficult game. We didn’t start very well. For the first 20 minutes we were not playing as well as we wanted to be. After that we started to play. We missed a lot of chances but we managed to score two goals. In the end it difficult to find the goal to win the game. We didn’t score, they managed to and we lost.
On whether defensive mistakes cost us…
You may also want to watch:
We didn’t defend very well in the first half, all the team. It was too easy for them to come into our half and score. After that, we started to play better, we pressed better, won a lot of balls in midfield and had chances. We had to score more because in the end we lost the game. We have to improve in the next game.
On it taking time to gel…
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Of course. It’s difficult because we’ve changed a lot of things. We need to improve our work, how we defend, how we attack. We have to score from the chances we create and we have to look at taking those points into our next game.
Sokratis was speaking to Arsenal.com.