Arsenal drawn to face CSKA Moscow in Europa League quarter finals
- Credit: Archant
The Europa League draw took place on Friday lunchtime. Find out who Arsenal have been drawn against.
Arsenal Wenger’s Gunners have been paired to play against CSKA Moscow.
The Russian side beat Lyon on away goals after their tie ended 3-3 on aggregate while the Gunners ensured they were in the hat for the last eight by beating AC Milan 5-1 on aggregate after a 3-1 win at the Emirates on Thursday evening following a 2-0 victory at the San Siro next week.
The draw, at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland, was classified as an ‘open’ draw – meaning no teams are seeded and clubs from the same country could be drawn against each other. The side drawn first will play the first leg at home. Former Barcelona defender Eric Abidal helped conduct the draw.
When will the matches be played?
The first leg will be on Thursday 5 April, with the return taking place on Thursday 12 April.
- 1 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 2 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 5 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 6 Arteta's Arsenal plan coming together nicely
- 7 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 8 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 9 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 10 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
Quarter-finals: 5 and 12 April
Semi-final draw: 13 April
Semi-finals: 26 April and 3 May
Final: Wednesday, May 16, Lyon
What do you think of the draw and will you be going? Join the discussion on the Islington Gazette Arsenal Facebook page now.