Arsenal drawn to face CSKA Moscow in Europa League quarter finals
- Credit: Archant
The Europa League draw took place on Friday lunchtime. Find out who Arsenal have been drawn against.
Arsenal Wenger’s Gunners have been paired to play against CSKA Moscow.
The Russian side beat Lyon on away goals after their tie ended 3-3 on aggregate while the Gunners ensured they were in the hat for the last eight by beating AC Milan 5-1 on aggregate after a 3-1 win at the Emirates on Thursday evening following a 2-0 victory at the San Siro next week.
The draw, at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland, was classified as an ‘open’ draw – meaning no teams are seeded and clubs from the same country could be drawn against each other. The side drawn first will play the first leg at home. Former Barcelona defender Eric Abidal helped conduct the draw.
When will the matches be played?
You may also want to watch:
The first leg will be on Thursday 5 April, with the return taking place on Thursday 12 April.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Quarter-finals: 5 and 12 April
Semi-final draw: 13 April
Semi-finals: 26 April and 3 May
Final: Wednesday, May 16, Lyon
What do you think of the draw and will you be going? Join the discussion on the Islington Gazette Arsenal Facebook page now.