Arsenal drawn to face CSKA Moscow in Europa League quarter finals
- Credit: Archant
The Europa League draw took place on Friday lunchtime. Find out who Arsenal have been drawn against.
Arsenal Wenger’s Gunners have been paired to play against CSKA Moscow.
The Russian side beat Lyon on away goals after their tie ended 3-3 on aggregate while the Gunners ensured they were in the hat for the last eight by beating AC Milan 5-1 on aggregate after a 3-1 win at the Emirates on Thursday evening following a 2-0 victory at the San Siro next week.
The draw, at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland, was classified as an ‘open’ draw – meaning no teams are seeded and clubs from the same country could be drawn against each other. The side drawn first will play the first leg at home. Former Barcelona defender Eric Abidal helped conduct the draw.
When will the matches be played?
You may also want to watch:
The first leg will be on Thursday 5 April, with the return taking place on Thursday 12 April.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn joins hundreds in rallying against 'inhumane' refugee bill
- 5 Islington food bank sees applicants triple
- 6 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 7 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 8 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 9 How much do you know about Islington?
- 10 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
Quarter-finals: 5 and 12 April
Semi-final draw: 13 April
Semi-finals: 26 April and 3 May
Final: Wednesday, May 16, Lyon
What do you think of the draw and will you be going? Join the discussion on the Islington Gazette Arsenal Facebook page now.