Arsenal duo in England squad for SheBelieves Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal’s Jordan Nobbs and Leah Williamson have both been selected for the SheBelieves Cup tournament in the USA next month.
But Beth Mead misses out due to a knee injury which forced her off in last week's 3-2 Super League win at Liverpool.
England will face 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup winners and hosts USA, Japan and Spain in the four-team tournament.
And boss Phil Neville said in his press conference on Tuesday morning: "It is a blow with Beth. I think Beth has been in the best form of her career this season.
"I knew as soon as she went down - the clash of knees - that something wasn't right."
You may also want to watch:
Nobbs, who was ruled out of last summer's FIFA Women's World Cup in France with a knee injury, made her return to the international scene in the 2-1 defeat to Brazil in October.
By the end of the tournament she could have 63 caps to her name after making her debut in 2013.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
Williamson, who has been a real shining star in the WSL this season, scored the winner for her country last time out in the 3-2 win over the Czech Republic.
She currently has 14 senior caps and has started England's last four games against Brazil, Portugal, Germany and the Czech Republic.
Former Arsenal starlet Chloe Kelly has also been named in the squad and there is a first senior call-up for West Ham's Grace Fisk.
Neville added: "Until you give young players a chance, you don't know if they can step up and that's what we are going to do in She Believes.
"We want to give these young players an opportunity, sometimes young people can surprise you with what they can do."
Meanwhile, Lisa Evans, Jennifer Beattie and on loan Arsenal defender Emma Mitchell have been called up to the Scotland squad for the Pinatar Cup.
Midfielder Lia Wälti, who is out with an injury at the moment, has been called into the Switzerland squad for a double-header with Austria.
England squad: Millie Bright, Lucy Bronze, Rachel Daly, Toni Duggan, Bethany England, Grace Fisk, Alex Greenwood, Lauren Hemp, Steph Houghton, Chloe Kelly, Sandy MacIver, Abbie McManus, Jordan Nobbs, Nikita Parris, Ellie Roebuck, Jill Scott, Lucy Staniforth, Georgia Stanway, Demi Stokes, Carly Telford, Keira Walsh, Ellen White, Leah Williamson.