Arsenal duo in England squad for SheBelieves Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal’s Jordan Nobbs and Leah Williamson have both been selected for the SheBelieves Cup tournament in the USA next month.
But Beth Mead misses out due to a knee injury which forced her off in last week's 3-2 Super League win at Liverpool.
England will face 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup winners and hosts USA, Japan and Spain in the four-team tournament.
And boss Phil Neville said in his press conference on Tuesday morning: "It is a blow with Beth. I think Beth has been in the best form of her career this season.
"I knew as soon as she went down - the clash of knees - that something wasn't right."
You may also want to watch:
Nobbs, who was ruled out of last summer's FIFA Women's World Cup in France with a knee injury, made her return to the international scene in the 2-1 defeat to Brazil in October.
By the end of the tournament she could have 63 caps to her name after making her debut in 2013.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
Williamson, who has been a real shining star in the WSL this season, scored the winner for her country last time out in the 3-2 win over the Czech Republic.
She currently has 14 senior caps and has started England's last four games against Brazil, Portugal, Germany and the Czech Republic.
Former Arsenal starlet Chloe Kelly has also been named in the squad and there is a first senior call-up for West Ham's Grace Fisk.
Neville added: "Until you give young players a chance, you don't know if they can step up and that's what we are going to do in She Believes.
"We want to give these young players an opportunity, sometimes young people can surprise you with what they can do."
Meanwhile, Lisa Evans, Jennifer Beattie and on loan Arsenal defender Emma Mitchell have been called up to the Scotland squad for the Pinatar Cup.
Midfielder Lia Wälti, who is out with an injury at the moment, has been called into the Switzerland squad for a double-header with Austria.
England squad: Millie Bright, Lucy Bronze, Rachel Daly, Toni Duggan, Bethany England, Grace Fisk, Alex Greenwood, Lauren Hemp, Steph Houghton, Chloe Kelly, Sandy MacIver, Abbie McManus, Jordan Nobbs, Nikita Parris, Ellie Roebuck, Jill Scott, Lucy Staniforth, Georgia Stanway, Demi Stokes, Carly Telford, Keira Walsh, Ellen White, Leah Williamson.