Arsenal FA Youth Cup goalscoring starlet Tyresse John-Jules looks forward to semi-final second leg against Blackpool at the Emirates after 2-2 draw
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES
Arsenal’s FA Youth Cup goalscoring hero Tyreece John-Jules is looking forward to an Emirates winner takes all second leg semi-final after the young guns drew 2-2 at Blackpool on Tuesday evening.
The draw at Bloomfield Road means the second leg at the Emirates on April 16 will be a tense affair a first-half goal from John-Jules was cancelled out before the break by Blackpool midfielder Dylan Sumner.
The Gunners took the lead once more through Xavier Amaechi who slotted home Daley-Campbell’s pass.
Arsenal almost extended their lead through a penalty but Trae Coyle’s effort was saved by Craig Thordarson.
The home side capitalised from the penalty miss, equalising later in the half, as Ben Jacobsen converted from a cross as the match ended level.
You may also want to watch:
John-Jules, who turned 17 last month, has played for the club’s U23s and U18s this season, and has been with the academy since May 2009 and has represented England at U16 and U17 level.
Speaking to Arsenal.com after the match at Bloomfield Road the talented teen said: “It was a scrappy game, but we just have to keep our head up and take it to the next leg, we’ve just got to keep going until the end.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 5 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
- 6 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Virtual carnival, theatre and art: What's on this weekend in Islington and Hackney
- 9 'Holborn isn't the only dangerous junction for cyclists and pedestrians'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
“It’s on the home pitch so I think we’ll have a bit of an advantage and a better pitch. It’ll be good to see what happens.”
The second leg will take place at the Emirates Stadium - Monday, April 16th.