Arsenal FA Youth Cup goalscoring starlet Tyresse John-Jules looks forward to semi-final second leg against Blackpool at the Emirates after 2-2 draw
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES
Arsenal’s FA Youth Cup goalscoring hero Tyreece John-Jules is looking forward to an Emirates winner takes all second leg semi-final after the young guns drew 2-2 at Blackpool on Tuesday evening.
The draw at Bloomfield Road means the second leg at the Emirates on April 16 will be a tense affair a first-half goal from John-Jules was cancelled out before the break by Blackpool midfielder Dylan Sumner.
The Gunners took the lead once more through Xavier Amaechi who slotted home Daley-Campbell’s pass.
Arsenal almost extended their lead through a penalty but Trae Coyle’s effort was saved by Craig Thordarson.
The home side capitalised from the penalty miss, equalising later in the half, as Ben Jacobsen converted from a cross as the match ended level.
You may also want to watch:
John-Jules, who turned 17 last month, has played for the club’s U23s and U18s this season, and has been with the academy since May 2009 and has represented England at U16 and U17 level.
Speaking to Arsenal.com after the match at Bloomfield Road the talented teen said: “It was a scrappy game, but we just have to keep our head up and take it to the next leg, we’ve just got to keep going until the end.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
“It’s on the home pitch so I think we’ll have a bit of an advantage and a better pitch. It’ll be good to see what happens.”
The second leg will take place at the Emirates Stadium - Monday, April 16th.