Arsenal fan’s viral video apology in Spurs shirt at Emirates Stadium has failed to win back girl
An Arsenal fan who filmed himself wearing a Spurs shirt outside the Emirates Stadium to win back his girlfriend has yet to hear from her - and he fears she just doesn’t fancy him anymore.
The YouTube clip of Gooner Luke McQueen, 27, has become a viral web sensation clocking up 100,000 hits since it was posted on Monday and countless postings on blogs and news websites.
He has received comments from all over the world, some seeing it as a romantic gesture, while others have attacked him as a traitor to the club.
But he has not heard from the one person that matters: Sarah, who dumped him after an eight-month relationship when he kissed another girl at a party in Croydon a couple of weeks ago.
He said: “I have not had a response from her. Her friends have said she’s had a bit of a laugh about it but I still need to speak to her. I did think I would have heard from her by now. Part of me thinks it’s maybe just an excuse for her to break up with me and she doesn’t want to be with me anyway. Maybe she just doesn’t fancy me anymore.”
You may also want to watch:
Stand-up comedian Mr McQueen, who lives in Walthamstow, has also insisted that the video is not a joke and was definitely not an act of self-promotion.
He added: “Lots of people have thought it’s a joke, but it’s absolutely genuine, and it’s got nothing to do with promoting me as a comedian. I don’t want her to think she’s the butt of a joke or I’m using her as a way of publicising myself.
- 1 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 6 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 10 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
“I’ve never cheated on anyone before and I just can’t believe I let someone down so much that I care about so much.
“I am an Arsenal fan but some things are more important than football. If she doesn’t take me back I still won’t regret wearing the shirt.”
The film was made just before Arsenal’s 3-3 draw with Norwich on Saturday. Mr McQueen says he wouldn’t have had the courage to do it after that frustrating result. He said: “It was pretty scary but the sign saved me and there were some police officers standing behind the camera laughing. After we took the footage we used, we walked round the corner to film some more, where there were no police officers, and then it got really aggressive.
“There were groups of people shouting at us. I said to my friends ‘we need to get out of here’. Had we done it afterwards it would have been suicide.”