Arsenal fans have easiest journey into Europe
- Credit: Archant
Gooners planning away day trips face less travelling time than Premier League rivals
Arsenal may have the toughest draw in the Champions League but their fans face the easiest journey to watch the games, new research shows.
The Gunners have been drawn in a group with Marseille, Borussia Dortmund and Napoli meaning trips to France, Germany and Italy are on the cards.
Fans planning to watch their side play away in Europe will face a combined journey time of 14 hours and 44 minutes if they travel by train and plane.
The total cost for this would be £355.89 but fans wanting the cheaper option of driving risk being on the road for a total of 46 hours and 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
With games against Shakhtar Donetsk, Bayer Leverkusen and San Sebastian
Manchester United fans will have to travel for 24 hours and two minutes by train and plane at a total cost of £723.17.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
Manchester City fans fare slightly better with an expected travelling time of 21 hours and 20 minutes to see their side play against Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow and Viktoria Plzen. Their total travelling cost is £548.36.
Chelsea fans wanting to see their side play against Schalke, Basel and Steaua Bucharest will have to travel by train and plane for 15 hours and 24 minutes but have the least to pay – just £282.31.
The research was done by travel search engine GoEuro.