Arsenal fans have easiest journey into Europe
- Credit: Archant
Gooners planning away day trips face less travelling time than Premier League rivals
Arsenal may have the toughest draw in the Champions League but their fans face the easiest journey to watch the games, new research shows.
The Gunners have been drawn in a group with Marseille, Borussia Dortmund and Napoli meaning trips to France, Germany and Italy are on the cards.
Fans planning to watch their side play away in Europe will face a combined journey time of 14 hours and 44 minutes if they travel by train and plane.
The total cost for this would be £355.89 but fans wanting the cheaper option of driving risk being on the road for a total of 46 hours and 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
With games against Shakhtar Donetsk, Bayer Leverkusen and San Sebastian
Manchester United fans will have to travel for 24 hours and two minutes by train and plane at a total cost of £723.17.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 6 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 9 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
Manchester City fans fare slightly better with an expected travelling time of 21 hours and 20 minutes to see their side play against Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow and Viktoria Plzen. Their total travelling cost is £548.36.
Chelsea fans wanting to see their side play against Schalke, Basel and Steaua Bucharest will have to travel by train and plane for 15 hours and 24 minutes but have the least to pay – just £282.31.
The research was done by travel search engine GoEuro.