Arsenal fans prepare tribute night to David Rocastle
ARSENAL fans are hoping to raise up to �5,000 for Great Ormond Street Hospital with an evening of live music and celebration in memory of David Rocastle on Saturday evening.
The event at The Rocket, on Holloway Road in Islington will follow Arsenal’s home match with Blackburn Rovers, and will run from 8pm until midnight.
The venue is expected to be filled with up to 400 friends and family of the former Arsenal midfielder, with all proceeds going to Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity.
Gavin Charlie, who is one of the organisers of the Rocky Remembered event, said: “Growing up, Rocky was a hero of mine, and it’s the same for a lot of fans of my generation. It should be a great night and a fitting tribute to a great player.”
Comedian and Arsenal fan Alan Davies is expected to introduce the night, with music following from the band Away Days.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be an auction, with the chance to win shirts signed by Cesc Fabregas, Tomas Rosicky and former Gunners hero Bob Wilson. There will also be two tickets for the television programme Soccer AM up for grabs.
Tickets for the event at The Rocket are priced at �10. To book, visit the website www.eventelephant.com/ rockyremembered.
- 1 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 2 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 3 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 4 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 5 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 6 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 7 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 900-year-old Farringdon market can continue despite opposition
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir