Arsenal fans prepare tribute night to David Rocastle
ARSENAL fans are hoping to raise up to �5,000 for Great Ormond Street Hospital with an evening of live music and celebration in memory of David Rocastle on Saturday evening.
The event at The Rocket, on Holloway Road in Islington will follow Arsenal’s home match with Blackburn Rovers, and will run from 8pm until midnight.
The venue is expected to be filled with up to 400 friends and family of the former Arsenal midfielder, with all proceeds going to Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity.
Gavin Charlie, who is one of the organisers of the Rocky Remembered event, said: “Growing up, Rocky was a hero of mine, and it’s the same for a lot of fans of my generation. It should be a great night and a fitting tribute to a great player.”
Comedian and Arsenal fan Alan Davies is expected to introduce the night, with music following from the band Away Days.
There will also be an auction, with the chance to win shirts signed by Cesc Fabregas, Tomas Rosicky and former Gunners hero Bob Wilson. There will also be two tickets for the television programme Soccer AM up for grabs.
Tickets for the event at The Rocket are priced at �10. To book, visit the website www.eventelephant.com/ rockyremembered.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 5 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?