Arsenal for Everyone Cup sees Invincibles legends Robert Pires and Lauren surprise five-a-side teams at Emirates
- Credit: Archant
The Arsenal for Everyone Cup has been a huge success as two Invincible legends dropped by to surprise the teams who took part.
Gunners legends Robert Pires and Lauren popped into ‘The Hub’ at the Emirates on Saturday to show support for the event.
A large number of teams took part in the inclusive five-a-side tournament before the first team mauled Everton 5-1 with the competition also marking the fifth birthday of the club’s LGBT group, the Gay Gooners.
Eight supporters’ clubs competed in the tournament, including the Gay Gooners – who were also celebrating LGBT history month.
They were joined by teams from Arsenal Denmark, Arsenal Women Supporters’ Club, REDaction, the Arsenal Walking football team and the Arsenal Eurofit programme. Also present were fans from Everton and staff of club partners Octopus energy.
You may also want to watch:
The winners were from the Arsenal Eurofit programme and were handed the trophy by Pires and Lauren.
Lauren tweeted afterwards: “The build-up [to beating Everton 5-1] was more than fitting. Enjoyable time with Robert presenting the trophy to the winning team in the AFC Community event.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
The Arsenal for Everyone initiative works to celebrate the diversity of the Arsenal family, and ensure everyone feels an equal sense of belonging at the club.