Arsenal for Everyone Cup sees Invincibles legends Robert Pires and Lauren surprise five-a-side teams at Emirates
- Credit: Archant
The Arsenal for Everyone Cup has been a huge success as two Invincible legends dropped by to surprise the teams who took part.
Gunners legends Robert Pires and Lauren popped into ‘The Hub’ at the Emirates on Saturday to show support for the event.
A large number of teams took part in the inclusive five-a-side tournament before the first team mauled Everton 5-1 with the competition also marking the fifth birthday of the club’s LGBT group, the Gay Gooners.
Eight supporters’ clubs competed in the tournament, including the Gay Gooners – who were also celebrating LGBT history month.
They were joined by teams from Arsenal Denmark, Arsenal Women Supporters’ Club, REDaction, the Arsenal Walking football team and the Arsenal Eurofit programme. Also present were fans from Everton and staff of club partners Octopus energy.
You may also want to watch:
The winners were from the Arsenal Eurofit programme and were handed the trophy by Pires and Lauren.
Lauren tweeted afterwards: “The build-up [to beating Everton 5-1] was more than fitting. Enjoyable time with Robert presenting the trophy to the winning team in the AFC Community event.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
The Arsenal for Everyone initiative works to celebrate the diversity of the Arsenal family, and ensure everyone feels an equal sense of belonging at the club.