Arsenal for Everyone issue reminder to fans heading to Brighton: Get behind team but homophobic ‘banter’ simply not tolerated
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ahead of Arsenal playing Brighton on the south coast on Sunday, Arsenal for Everyone have issued a reminder to fans.
With the Gunners set to face Chris Hughton’s Seagulls in the Premier League at the Amex, the foundation – which uses the power of football and the Arsenal name to inspire and support young people in north London and across the globe – has given a gentle warning to travelling supporters.
A spokesman directly appealed to the Gunners support – which is renowned for its unstinting backing on the road – saying: “We want to ask you to get behind the team again at Brighton and to remind all travelling fans that homophobic and discriminatory chanting of all kinds is offensive and will not be tolerated.
“It’s not “banter”, in the same way that racism or any other discrimination isn’t banter, and it’s offensive to home and away supporters alike.
“If you witness any form of homophobic or discriminatory chanting at the match, please report it to the nearest matchday steward.”
You may also want to watch:
To learn more about the great work the Arsenal Foundation does follow them on Twitter @AFC_Foundation.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'