Arsenal for Everyone issue reminder to fans heading to Brighton: Get behind team but homophobic ‘banter’ simply not tolerated
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ahead of Arsenal playing Brighton on the south coast on Sunday, Arsenal for Everyone have issued a reminder to fans.
With the Gunners set to face Chris Hughton’s Seagulls in the Premier League at the Amex, the foundation – which uses the power of football and the Arsenal name to inspire and support young people in north London and across the globe – has given a gentle warning to travelling supporters.
A spokesman directly appealed to the Gunners support – which is renowned for its unstinting backing on the road – saying: “We want to ask you to get behind the team again at Brighton and to remind all travelling fans that homophobic and discriminatory chanting of all kinds is offensive and will not be tolerated.
“It’s not “banter”, in the same way that racism or any other discrimination isn’t banter, and it’s offensive to home and away supporters alike.
“If you witness any form of homophobic or discriminatory chanting at the match, please report it to the nearest matchday steward.”
You may also want to watch:
To learn more about the great work the Arsenal Foundation does follow them on Twitter @AFC_Foundation.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations