Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez posts Instagram selfie claiming to be sick ahead of return
- Credit: Archant
Unsettled Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez has posted a selfie on his Instagram account in which he claims to be ‘sick’.
The social media post by the Chilean striker – who had a fractious relationship with manager Arsene Wenger at times last season – comes less than a day after the Frenchman insisted he expected Sanchez to report for pre-season training this weekend.
Despite continuing speculation linking the 28-year-old with a move away from North London Wenger revealed the livewire attacker is set to return to training on Sunday.
The Gunners host the Emirates Cup this weekend although Sanchez will not play after being allowed extra time off this summer after playing for his country at the Confederations Cup in Russia in June.
The sad-looking Tocopilla-born former Colo-Colo player posted a picture of him with the word ‘enfermo’ meaning ‘sick’ in Spanish. For added effect he also donned a long dark scarf.
You may also want to watch:
Sanchez has been linked with Bayern Munich, PSG and his former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City but Arsenal boss Wenger is adamant the player will not be sold this summer.
Wenger told Arsenal Player: “Alexis and Mustafi’s first training session will be on Sunday, the day we play against Sevilla in the Emirates Cup,
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
“They are practising on the day,
“Sanchez adds great value to the squad and I think as well he is a great lover of the club.”