Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck is hailed by Unai Emery – for his versatility
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Arsenal head coach Unai Emery has hailed striker Danny Welbeck ahead of the new season – for his versatility.
Welbeck made a late return to the club’s pre-season after England’s run to the World Cup semi-finals in Russia and will not be involved in Arsenal’s Premier League opener against champions Manchester City at the Emirates on Sunday.
Emery praised the 27-year-old former Manchester United player who featured in 28 Premier League matches last term, coming off the bench in 16 matches – but for his value as a utlitiy player.
The Gunners boss said: “Danny Welbeck is one of the players who has a multi-position possibility - right winger, left winger, striker, and also yesterday he worked with us at left back - his performance was good.
“I like this spirit. To help positions across the team with positive spirit.
You may also want to watch:
“I said to him when he arrived with us after the holidays, I want the best performance in his career from this player.
“[I want] more goals, more assists [from Welbeck]. Working to help when we need quick pressing against the opposition.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother