Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck is hailed by Unai Emery – for his versatility
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Arsenal head coach Unai Emery has hailed striker Danny Welbeck ahead of the new season – for his versatility.
Welbeck made a late return to the club’s pre-season after England’s run to the World Cup semi-finals in Russia and will not be involved in Arsenal’s Premier League opener against champions Manchester City at the Emirates on Sunday.
Emery praised the 27-year-old former Manchester United player who featured in 28 Premier League matches last term, coming off the bench in 16 matches – but for his value as a utlitiy player.
The Gunners boss said: “Danny Welbeck is one of the players who has a multi-position possibility - right winger, left winger, striker, and also yesterday he worked with us at left back - his performance was good.
“I like this spirit. To help positions across the team with positive spirit.
You may also want to watch:
“I said to him when he arrived with us after the holidays, I want the best performance in his career from this player.
“[I want] more goals, more assists [from Welbeck]. Working to help when we need quick pressing against the opposition.”
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant