Arsenal forward Joel Campbell set to sign for Serie A minnows Frosinone – after SIX loan spells away from North London since 2011
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal forward Joel Campbell is set for a medical in Italy ahead of a proposed move to newly-promoted Serie A minnows Frosinone.
A three year contract has been offered to the 26-year-old by the Serie A club, who were made it to the top division last season winning their Serie B play-off against Sicilians Palermo.
Frosinone are keen to capture Campbell, after failing to sign Lucas Perez from the Gunners earlier this summer.
Life at Arsenal has been a waiting game for the Costa Rican, who has been at the club for seven years, despite only making 23 league appearances for Arsenal.
After six loan spells, Campbell is expected to leave the club permanently before the transfer window closes with reports in Italy claiming he will have a medical on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Campbell departs North London after notching three senior goals for the club, all of which came in the 2015-16 season.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 5 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing