Arsenal Foundation Day backed by legends Robert Pires and Bob Wilson, volunteers, generous fans and first team squad, raises record £309k
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
The Arsenal Foundation Day backed by legends Robert Pires, Bob Wilson, the first team squad, volunteers and generous fans raised an incredible £309,000 for good causes.
The charity matchday held before Christmas on the day of the Newcastle United match at the Emirates pulled in the record-breaking total to help thousands of young people both near and far.
Boss Arsene Wenger and his players continued their longstanding festive tradition of donating a day’s wages to the foundation with fans at the game and across the globe getting involved.
An Arsenal spokeswoman said: “Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, players, ballsquad and staff – this season’s Arsenal Foundation matchday raised a record £309,000.
“Funds will allow the foundation to build more safe places for children to play football around Emirates Stadium and overseas with Save the Children.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue our partnership with Bob Wilson’s Willow Foundation, helping to provide special days to seriously ill young adults – and we will work with youth homeless charity Centrepoint and many others through the Gunners’ Fund and Islington Giving.
“What brings the work of The Arsenal Foundation together is the belief that young people can thrive with the right support and the knowledge that Arsenal is behind them.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 10 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
For more information and to get involved visit www.arsenal.com/thearsenalfoundation.