Arsenal given injury boost as Lacazette returns to full training ahead of Sheffield United clash
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal have confirmed that striker Alexandre Lacazette is back in full training after an ankle injury, and he could play some part in Monday night’s Premier League fixture against Sheffield United.
The Frenchman has not played since scoring in the 2-2 north London derby draw with Tottenham on September 1, after persistence problems caused by an injury picked up against former club Lyon in pre-season.
Lacazette could feature at Bramall Lane, with the Gunners confirming a: "Decision on his participation for Monday's match at Sheffield United will be made in the forthcoming days."
Reiss Nelson will be missing on Monday though after suffering a ligament injury in his left knee against Standard Liege, and he is expect to return to full training in November.
Emile Smith Rowe is available for selection after recovering from a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal also confirmed that: "Last Friday (October 11), all non-international first-team squad players, apart from Alex Lacazette, took part in a 90-minute match against a Reading XI at London Colney.
"There were no associated issues in this match.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
"Some international players will not be returning until Friday, when they will be assessed ahead of Monday's match."