Arsenal goalkeeper David Ospina visits youth homeless charity Centrepoint
- Credit: Archant
David Ospina has paid a visit to Arsenal’s football programme with youth homeless charity Centrepoint at the Arsenal Hub this week.
The programme – which is delivered jointly by Arsenal in the Community and Centrepoint – uses the Arsenal name to engage individuals living in temporary accommodation. Coaches offer participants emotional support and access to employment pathways as well as the chance to play football.
Ospina met young men and women involved in the programme, including 22 year-old Talisha.
Talisha started living in hostels when she was 16. After signing up for our joint football programme – she was selected to play for England at the Homeless World Cup in Oslo this summer. She is now working towards her coaching badges and a career in construction.
The football programme is funded with the help of the Gunners’ first team squad, who will continue the festive tradition of donating a day’s wages to The Arsenal Foundation at our charity matchday against Newcastle on Saturday 16 December.
You may also want to watch:
It’s the latest project in a long running relationship between Arsenal and Centrepoint.
An incredible £500,000 has been raised to build a state-of-the-art health and wellbeing centre for homeless young people in London, following being chosen as Arsenal’s charity of the season partnership in 2010/11.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault