Arsenal hat-trick hero Aaron Ramsey has 10 to 15 goals a season ‘in his locker’ insists Arsene Wenger
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insisted hat-trick hero Aaron Ramsey is capable of scoring more goals for the club.
The Welshman grabbed a treble against hapless Everton on Saturday at the Emirates in a 5-1 rout of Sam Allardyce’s men making the Toffees the team he has scored more goals against than any other club (five).
But Wenger believes Ramsey should be notching more. Speaking after the match the long-serving Frenchman said: “I think Aaron Ramsey always is there in a good position in the box and that he had between 10 to 15 goals [a season] in his locker.
“He didn’t do it until now because I think he rushed his finishing but now he looks calmer. The only difference I see is that he doesn’t rush it now.
“Maybe that’s what the secret is to be efficient.”
You may also want to watch:
Wenger added goalkeeper Petr Cech received a kick on his calf, forcing him off the pitch to be replaced by substitute David Ospina, but didn’t know how bad it was.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing