Arsenal hat-trick hero Aaron Ramsey has 10 to 15 goals a season ‘in his locker’ insists Arsene Wenger
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insisted hat-trick hero Aaron Ramsey is capable of scoring more goals for the club.
The Welshman grabbed a treble against hapless Everton on Saturday at the Emirates in a 5-1 rout of Sam Allardyce’s men making the Toffees the team he has scored more goals against than any other club (five).
But Wenger believes Ramsey should be notching more. Speaking after the match the long-serving Frenchman said: “I think Aaron Ramsey always is there in a good position in the box and that he had between 10 to 15 goals [a season] in his locker.
“He didn’t do it until now because I think he rushed his finishing but now he looks calmer. The only difference I see is that he doesn’t rush it now.
“Maybe that’s what the secret is to be efficient.”
You may also want to watch:
Wenger added goalkeeper Petr Cech received a kick on his calf, forcing him off the pitch to be replaced by substitute David Ospina, but didn’t know how bad it was.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington