Ainsley Maitland-Niles signs long-term contract extension with Arsenal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ainsley Maitland-Niles has signed a long-term contract extension with the club.
The Gunners starlet has been at the North London giants since he was nine-years-old – and has now committed his long-term future to Unai Emery’s side.
The versatile Maitland-Niles featured 28 times in all competitions for Arsenal last term across the midfield and in defence.
He had a loan spell at Ipswich Town during the 2015-16 season, when he impressed at Portman Road, making 30 appearances for the Championship side, scoring twice and winning the club’s Player of the Month award in his first month.
He has been an England youth international and also captained his country at U20 level – becoming a key figure during the side’s U20 World Cup victory a year ago.
You may also want to watch:
The club wrote on their official website: “Congratulations on your new contract Ainsley. We all look forward to your continued progress with us.
He will wear the No15 shirt.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 5 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know