Ainsley Maitland-Niles signs long-term contract extension with Arsenal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ainsley Maitland-Niles has signed a long-term contract extension with the club.
The Gunners starlet has been at the North London giants since he was nine-years-old – and has now committed his long-term future to Unai Emery’s side.
The versatile Maitland-Niles featured 28 times in all competitions for Arsenal last term across the midfield and in defence.
He had a loan spell at Ipswich Town during the 2015-16 season, when he impressed at Portman Road, making 30 appearances for the Championship side, scoring twice and winning the club’s Player of the Month award in his first month.
He has been an England youth international and also captained his country at U20 level – becoming a key figure during the side’s U20 World Cup victory a year ago.
You may also want to watch:
The club wrote on their official website: “Congratulations on your new contract Ainsley. We all look forward to your continued progress with us.
He will wear the No15 shirt.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 9 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington