Arsenal head coach Unai Emery shoots down Mesut Ozil bust-up rumours insisting: ‘It isn’t true’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal head coach Unai Emery denied there has been a falling out with Mesut Ozil insisting the creative midfielder is ‘sick’.
Emery, speaking after his side’s hard-fought 3-1 victory over London rivals West Ham emphatically shot down rumours there had been a serious disagreement with the talented playmaker in training this week.
It has been reported that Ozil stormed out of training at London Colney after ‘screaming’ took place between the player and the head coach.
However, the former PSG boss categorically emphasised there was nothing wrong with his relationship with the player and that the only reason the former Real Madrid star missed the match was because he had a heavy cold and was badly ‘blocked up’.
Emery, refuting reports that he and Ozil had a bust-up, said: “Why is this information? It isn’t true. I don’t know who started this. He was sick yesterday and we decided for him not to play today.
You may also want to watch:
”It isn’t true. He was sick yesterday. And we decided he shouldn’t play.
“He was sick and today he was here. I said today come if he feels better. And he feels better and he is here.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
“There is no problem with the player. Ask the doctor, he can explain better.” (Emery says Ozil has a cold/is blocked up).