Arsenal head coach Unai Emery shoots down Mesut Ozil bust-up rumours insisting: ‘It isn’t true’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal head coach Unai Emery denied there has been a falling out with Mesut Ozil insisting the creative midfielder is ‘sick’.
Emery, speaking after his side’s hard-fought 3-1 victory over London rivals West Ham emphatically shot down rumours there had been a serious disagreement with the talented playmaker in training this week.
It has been reported that Ozil stormed out of training at London Colney after ‘screaming’ took place between the player and the head coach.
However, the former PSG boss categorically emphasised there was nothing wrong with his relationship with the player and that the only reason the former Real Madrid star missed the match was because he had a heavy cold and was badly ‘blocked up’.
Emery, refuting reports that he and Ozil had a bust-up, said: “Why is this information? It isn’t true. I don’t know who started this. He was sick yesterday and we decided for him not to play today.
You may also want to watch:
”It isn’t true. He was sick yesterday. And we decided he shouldn’t play.
“He was sick and today he was here. I said today come if he feels better. And he feels better and he is here.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
“There is no problem with the player. Ask the doctor, he can explain better.” (Emery says Ozil has a cold/is blocked up).