Arsenal head coach Unai Emery remains cautious even after 11 wins on the bounce
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal head coach Unai Emery has been speaking after his side’s 1-0 victory against Sporting Lisbon in the Europa League on Thursday evening.
Read the transcript of what he had to say after Danny Welbeck’s second half strike clinched victory at a noisy Estadio Jose Alvalade in the Portugeuse capital as the Gunners made it 11 wins on the bounce.
On only being three wins off equaling Arsenal’s record winning run
Three matches. They are a lot of matches. We are thinking only of the next one against CP and also to enjoy each moment with our supporters.
On starting games slowly
You may also want to watch:
Each match there is a big opportunity to improve [on things] and one is this. We spoke about it before the match.
Emery on his side’s second half performance
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 5 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
When we were in the dressing room at half time we spoke and said ‘OK today also, we cannot impose our game in first 45 minutes, but the second half we have the opportunity to change the result and continue in our way, thinking only of winning this match and improving things in the second half.
And I think the team did that in the second 45 minutes. But we need to continue finding the solution for the first half to be better.
Emery on Arsenal digging deep to get the win
The match, for the 90 minutes, there were different things happening tactically and individually. The first half is not clear for us, there was not a lot of chances. The second half step by step we imposed our job, our play to win this match, For us it’s very important because we want too finish first in this group and at the moment the other club who is with us is Sporting. But also because we want to continue this process. There were many positive things
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29