Arsenal head coach Unai Emery remains cautious even after 11 wins on the bounce
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal head coach Unai Emery has been speaking after his side’s 1-0 victory against Sporting Lisbon in the Europa League on Thursday evening.
Read the transcript of what he had to say after Danny Welbeck’s second half strike clinched victory at a noisy Estadio Jose Alvalade in the Portugeuse capital as the Gunners made it 11 wins on the bounce.
On only being three wins off equaling Arsenal’s record winning run
Three matches. They are a lot of matches. We are thinking only of the next one against CP and also to enjoy each moment with our supporters.
On starting games slowly
You may also want to watch:
Each match there is a big opportunity to improve [on things] and one is this. We spoke about it before the match.
Emery on his side’s second half performance
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 9 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
When we were in the dressing room at half time we spoke and said ‘OK today also, we cannot impose our game in first 45 minutes, but the second half we have the opportunity to change the result and continue in our way, thinking only of winning this match and improving things in the second half.
And I think the team did that in the second 45 minutes. But we need to continue finding the solution for the first half to be better.
Emery on Arsenal digging deep to get the win
The match, for the 90 minutes, there were different things happening tactically and individually. The first half is not clear for us, there was not a lot of chances. The second half step by step we imposed our job, our play to win this match, For us it’s very important because we want too finish first in this group and at the moment the other club who is with us is Sporting. But also because we want to continue this process. There were many positive things
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29