Arsenal head of recruitment Sven Mislintat to leave
- Credit: Archant
Sven Mislintat, Arsenal’s head of recruitment is to leave the club on February 8.
Sven has been with the North London giants since since December 1, 2017 but is said to have become frustrated at the lack of transfer funds available and his role being sidelined.
The highly-rated Mislintat studied sports science at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum, before working as chief scout and head of professional football at Borussia Dortmund from 2006.
He arrived with high hopes of revolutionising the club’s recruitment structure but has become increasinly disillusioned with the Gunners.
However he was dignified in announcing his departure, saying: “It’s been an amazing experience to work at a great club like Arsenal in what has been a big time of change. I am excited about what the future holds for the club and am looking forward to new challenges for myself.”
You may also want to watch:
A club spokesman added: “Sven has done a truly outstanding job in helping us recruit players who are making a big impact now and will do so even more in the future.
“We wish him every success for the future and thank him for his extremely hard work on behalf of Arsenal.”
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
For the latest news on the Gunners follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29