Arsenal in the Community holds sixth annual awards ceremony at Emirates Stadium
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal held its sixth annual community awards ceremony at the Emirates Stadium on Thursday.
Gunners legend Pat Rice gave out the awards, which honour the achievements of Arsenal in the Community participants, partners and staff.
Arsenal in the Community has been making Islington kids’ lives better since 1985.
It delivers sport, social and education programmes to more than 5,000 people each week and also offers a wide variety of programmes, such as football sessions for children on nearby estates and a healthy eating partnership with Jamie Oliver.
As well as being based at the Arsenal Hub, in Benwell Road, it also runs programmes in venues across north London.
You may also want to watch:
The awards ceremony was attended by Jeremy Corbyn, Labour leader and Islington North MP, alongside shadow foreign secretary and Islington South MP, Emily Thornberry.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 5 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 6 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington