Arsenal in the Community holds sixth annual awards ceremony at Emirates Stadium
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal held its sixth annual community awards ceremony at the Emirates Stadium on Thursday.
Gunners legend Pat Rice gave out the awards, which honour the achievements of Arsenal in the Community participants, partners and staff.
Arsenal in the Community has been making Islington kids’ lives better since 1985.
It delivers sport, social and education programmes to more than 5,000 people each week and also offers a wide variety of programmes, such as football sessions for children on nearby estates and a healthy eating partnership with Jamie Oliver.
As well as being based at the Arsenal Hub, in Benwell Road, it also runs programmes in venues across north London.
The awards ceremony was attended by Jeremy Corbyn, Labour leader and Islington North MP, alongside shadow foreign secretary and Islington South MP, Emily Thornberry.
- 1 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 2 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 3 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 4 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 5 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 6 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 'Robot' prisoner locked up indefinitely for killing Serco custody officer