Arsenal in the Community holds sixth annual awards ceremony at Emirates Stadium
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal held its sixth annual community awards ceremony at the Emirates Stadium on Thursday.
Gunners legend Pat Rice gave out the awards, which honour the achievements of Arsenal in the Community participants, partners and staff.
Arsenal in the Community has been making Islington kids’ lives better since 1985.
It delivers sport, social and education programmes to more than 5,000 people each week and also offers a wide variety of programmes, such as football sessions for children on nearby estates and a healthy eating partnership with Jamie Oliver.
As well as being based at the Arsenal Hub, in Benwell Road, it also runs programmes in venues across north London.
You may also want to watch:
The awards ceremony was attended by Jeremy Corbyn, Labour leader and Islington North MP, alongside shadow foreign secretary and Islington South MP, Emily Thornberry.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 4 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 5 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 6 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all