Arsenal join race for Gary Cahill as bookies slash odds on Chelsea defender joining Unai Emery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Bookies have slashed the odds on Gary Cahill to switch West London for North London as Arsenal reportedly eye his signature.
The odds have gone from 25/1 to 7/2 as Arsenal are believed to have closed the gap on Aston Villa to sign the defender.
While Villa still remain as favourites to sign Cahill, the Gunners have joined the race as they continue to look for defensive reinforcement.
The centre back has 348 Premier League appearances to his name, and is a wanted man by several clubs including AC Milan and Fulham.
Betway’s Alan Alger reported: “Aston Villa appeared to be the only real contender for Cahill’s signature last week but Arsenal have quickly emerged as another interest party.”
You may also want to watch:
The Englishman has been out of favour this season, having made just one appearance in the league so far for Chelsea, with Antonio Rudiger being the preferred centre back.
Whether the 32-year-old would be a fit for Arsenal is another question, but with the club’s defensive woes it’s a move that can’t be ruled out.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
For more visit Betway www.sports.betway.com/en/sports/