Arsenal join race for Gary Cahill as bookies slash odds on Chelsea defender joining Unai Emery
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Bookies have slashed the odds on Gary Cahill to switch West London for North London as Arsenal reportedly eye his signature.
The odds have gone from 25/1 to 7/2 as Arsenal are believed to have closed the gap on Aston Villa to sign the defender.
While Villa still remain as favourites to sign Cahill, the Gunners have joined the race as they continue to look for defensive reinforcement.
The centre back has 348 Premier League appearances to his name, and is a wanted man by several clubs including AC Milan and Fulham.
Betway’s Alan Alger reported: “Aston Villa appeared to be the only real contender for Cahill’s signature last week but Arsenal have quickly emerged as another interest party.”
You may also want to watch:
The Englishman has been out of favour this season, having made just one appearance in the league so far for Chelsea, with Antonio Rudiger being the preferred centre back.
Whether the 32-year-old would be a fit for Arsenal is another question, but with the club’s defensive woes it’s a move that can’t be ruled out.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 3 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
For more visit Betway www.sports.betway.com/en/sports/