Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno says: ‘I’m looking forward to the start of the season as a Gunner’
- Credit: Archant
New Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno has wasted little time in endearing himself to the fans as he takes to social media to explain how excited he is at joining the North London giants.
The highly-rated 26-year-old joins Unai Emery’s overhaul of the Gunners squad.
He has made more than 230 appearances for Leverkusen during seven years with the Bundesliga side.
He tweeted on his personal account moments after the deal was confirmed publicly: “Happy and proud to play for this great club.
“I’ll do my best and I’m looking forward to the start of the new season as a Gunner.”
You may also want to watch:
Leno started his youth career at Stuttgart, before signing for Leverkusen in 2011, becoming the youngest goalkeeper to feature in a Champions League match at the age of just 19 years and 193 days against Chelsea.
He received his first senior international call-up three years ago and has won six caps for Germany.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 6 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 10 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder