Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno says: ‘I’m looking forward to the start of the season as a Gunner’
- Credit: Archant
New Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno has wasted little time in endearing himself to the fans as he takes to social media to explain how excited he is at joining the North London giants.
The highly-rated 26-year-old joins Unai Emery’s overhaul of the Gunners squad.
He has made more than 230 appearances for Leverkusen during seven years with the Bundesliga side.
He tweeted on his personal account moments after the deal was confirmed publicly: “Happy and proud to play for this great club.
“I’ll do my best and I’m looking forward to the start of the new season as a Gunner.”
You may also want to watch:
Leno started his youth career at Stuttgart, before signing for Leverkusen in 2011, becoming the youngest goalkeeper to feature in a Champions League match at the age of just 19 years and 193 days against Chelsea.
He received his first senior international call-up three years ago and has won six caps for Germany.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern