Arsenal keeper Bernd Leno speaks after ‘disappointing’ 1-0 defeat at Everton
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal keeper Bernd Leno has been speaking after the disappointing 1-0 loss to Everton at Goodison Park. Read on for what he had to say.
On the game...
It’s a disappointing result for us. I think we played okay, but we didn’t have too many chances to score and we conceded an unlucky goal at the beginning of the game from a throw-in. So it was more difficult to play against a very deep defence and we had problems to create chances.
On what we needed to improve after the first half...
I think, like I said, it was very difficult to play against a deep defence. Everton had some chances after transitions, so we have to improve to play against deep defences and to create chances. I think the next games against Watford, for example, will be the same [in terms of facing a deep defence].
You may also want to watch:
On why there’s such a difference between the home and away results...
To be honest, I don’t know.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington shooting victim named
On how much of a blow the result feels to our top four hopes...
It’s not a good result but we are still in a good position and still in a good atmosphere. It’s not a problem to lose one game. We have to keep working hard, work harder and play our style. I think today wasn’t too bad a game, I think it was okay. But the goal at the beginning of the game was much better for Everton. I think if the game went longer at 0-0, it would’ve been much easier for us. It was more difficult. But we keep going, we are still in a good position.
Leno was speaking to Arsenal.com