Arsenal keeper David Ospina in talks with Napoli
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Napoli have confirmed talks are ongoing with David Ospina in a bid to sign the Colombian keeper from Arsenal.
Club president Aurelio de Laurentiis revealed discussions were underway after rumours surfaced in the Italian media.
Gunners head coach Unai Emery confirmed earlier this summer Ospina could depart after signing of £19 million shot-stopper Bernd Leno.
Opsina, the former Nice netminder had been expected to put pen to paper on a deal with Turkish Super League side Besiktas earlier in the window, but the deal broke down as the 29-year-old’s representatives demanded a permanent deal, while the Istanbul-based giants preferred a loan deal.
It is understood Emery has made it clear to Ospina he does not have a long-term future at the club, slipping to third choice keeper after Leno joined from Bayer Leverkusen.
You may also want to watch:
De Laurentiis told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli: “There are four in contention: Guillermo Ochoa, Simon Mignolet, Ospina and Ciprian Tatarusanu.
“It is true that Ospina could arrive, we are negotiating, there are still some differences on the requests.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Napoli are in desperate need of a goalkeeper, following the injury of signing Alex Meret ahead of the Italian transfer window shutting on Friday.