Arsenal keeper David Ospina in talks with Napoli
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Napoli have confirmed talks are ongoing with David Ospina in a bid to sign the Colombian keeper from Arsenal.
Club president Aurelio de Laurentiis revealed discussions were underway after rumours surfaced in the Italian media.
Gunners head coach Unai Emery confirmed earlier this summer Ospina could depart after signing of £19 million shot-stopper Bernd Leno.
Opsina, the former Nice netminder had been expected to put pen to paper on a deal with Turkish Super League side Besiktas earlier in the window, but the deal broke down as the 29-year-old’s representatives demanded a permanent deal, while the Istanbul-based giants preferred a loan deal.
It is understood Emery has made it clear to Ospina he does not have a long-term future at the club, slipping to third choice keeper after Leno joined from Bayer Leverkusen.
You may also want to watch:
De Laurentiis told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli: “There are four in contention: Guillermo Ochoa, Simon Mignolet, Ospina and Ciprian Tatarusanu.
“It is true that Ospina could arrive, we are negotiating, there are still some differences on the requests.”
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
Napoli are in desperate need of a goalkeeper, following the injury of signing Alex Meret ahead of the Italian transfer window shutting on Friday.