Arsenal release home learning pack for youngsters
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Arsenal Foundation, working alongside Arsenal Women, have released a home learning pack for youngsters during the lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic.
There are four activities available including literacy, numeracy, cross-curricular and physical education and the templates are available to download at arsenal.com/community/home-learning/primary-materials/van-de-donk.
The news was announced on Arsenal’s social media channels on Saturday afternoon by Gunners star Danielle Van De Donk.
A statement on Arsenal.com said: “The activities are suitable for children in Key Stage 2 (aged 7-11), although younger children may require some additional support. Tweet us some photos of your child’s work to @AFCCommunity.”
The activities are surrounding football-based activities, including forming a match report on Arsenal Women’s 1-0 victory over Manchester United in September when Dutch international Van De Donk scored an 89th-minute winner.
You may also want to watch:
It also includes joining the dots and colouring in the Gunnersaurus sheet to see what Van De Donk’s dream stadium looks like. Children can also tackle a football fraction quiz to help with their numeracy skills.
Arsenal Women are the first Women’s Super League club to join forces with their Community scheme to release a home schooling programme during the current crisis.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 7 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
There are also learning packs available on the club’s website featuring Gunners legend Patrick Vieira and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.