Arsenal legend Liam Brady blasts Manchester United pair Jose Mourinho and Alexis Sanchez
- Credit: Associated Press
Arsenal legend Liam Brady has aimed stinging criticism at Manchester United pair Jose Mourinho and Alexis Sanchez.
Gunners icon Brady has been outspoken in his denouncement of the unpopular Mourinho and Sanchez, who walked out of North London for a higher wage.
The well-respected Irishman attacked the controversial Portuguese boss saying he lacks the class to manage one of the world’s biggest clubs.
Speaking on the forthright Eamon Dunphy’s podcast, The Stand, Brady blasted: “All you have to do is look at his track record of how he plays football.
“How difficult he is when he speaks to the media, how he falls out with other managers and insults other managers.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a marriage that was never going to work and I’m not surprised.
“Actually, I’m happy because I dislike the man intensely. There is no need for him to behave like that.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 6 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 7 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 8 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 9 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
“It’s all about him. When Manchester United win, he thinks he has won the match.
“When they lose, he says the players haven’t listened to me. Crazy stuff.”
Brady, 62, also slammed former Emirates attacker Sanchez following revelations the unpopular Chilean has alienated team-mates by eating along after his lacklustre start to life in Manchester.
Sanchez made the move to United in January in a deal which saw Henrikh Mkhitaryan head to North London in a swap deal.
Gunners hero Brady has not been impressed with the 29-year-old since the Tocopilla-born attacker moved to Old Trafford in January to pick up a salary of £26 million a year equating to a weekly pay packet of around £650,000 once sponsorship is thrown in.
Brady said: “Going up to Manchester and being on that kind of wage compared to the other lads, you need to do as you are asked and do what the other players do.”
The Irishman also described Chilean Sanchez as ‘not the easiest of characters’.
Reports emerging from United’s Carrington training ground indicate Sanchez cuts a solitary and isolated figure, often choosing to eat away from the rest of the squad.
Speaking about Sanchez’s time at the Emirates, Brady added: “He does his own thing and he is not part of the group - all the other players forgave him because when he played for Arsenal he was outstanding.”
Life for Sanchez at United is yet to reach outstanding, with just one goal in ten games for the Red Devils.