Arsenal Legends set to host return fixture against Real Madrid Legends at the Emirates after Bernabeu date
- Credit: Archant
A day after we revealed an Arsenal Legends side would take on a Real Madrid side at the Bernabeu this summer it has been confirmed there will be a return match later this year at the Emirates.
A team of Gunners legends will now take Real greats home and away this year, in aid of both clubs’ charitable foundations.
Arsenal travel to the Santiago Bernabeu for the first game on Sunday, June 3 with the sides playing in North London in a second match on Saturday, September 8, kick-off 2pm.
Robert Pires was in Madrid on Monday to announce the games.
The Gunners great is set to play alongside fellow Invincibles Freddie Ljungberg, Gilberto Silva, Ray Parlour, Sol Campbell and Lauren.
Tomas Rosicky is also set to take part in both legs, together with a host of star names.
Roberto Carlos, Xabi Alonso and Raul are among the players due to feature for Real Madrid Legends.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 6 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
The match in Spain will be played in aid of Real Madrid’s Foundation, with the return match in aid of The Arsenal Foundation.
Arsenal’s first legends match against AC Milan Glorie in 2016 helped to raise £1million to build football pitches around north London and internationally – with the eagerly awaited double-header against Real set to help the Arsenal Foundation reach more young people around the world.