Arsenal Legends set to host return fixture against Real Madrid Legends at the Emirates after Bernabeu date
- Credit: Archant
A day after we revealed an Arsenal Legends side would take on a Real Madrid side at the Bernabeu this summer it has been confirmed there will be a return match later this year at the Emirates.
A team of Gunners legends will now take Real greats home and away this year, in aid of both clubs’ charitable foundations.
Arsenal travel to the Santiago Bernabeu for the first game on Sunday, June 3 with the sides playing in North London in a second match on Saturday, September 8, kick-off 2pm.
Robert Pires was in Madrid on Monday to announce the games.
The Gunners great is set to play alongside fellow Invincibles Freddie Ljungberg, Gilberto Silva, Ray Parlour, Sol Campbell and Lauren.
You may also want to watch:
Tomas Rosicky is also set to take part in both legs, together with a host of star names.
Roberto Carlos, Xabi Alonso and Raul are among the players due to feature for Real Madrid Legends.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 10 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
The match in Spain will be played in aid of Real Madrid’s Foundation, with the return match in aid of The Arsenal Foundation.
Arsenal’s first legends match against AC Milan Glorie in 2016 helped to raise £1million to build football pitches around north London and internationally – with the eagerly awaited double-header against Real set to help the Arsenal Foundation reach more young people around the world.