Arsenal Legends set to host return fixture against Real Madrid Legends at the Emirates after Bernabeu date
- Credit: Archant
A day after we revealed an Arsenal Legends side would take on a Real Madrid side at the Bernabeu this summer it has been confirmed there will be a return match later this year at the Emirates.
A team of Gunners legends will now take Real greats home and away this year, in aid of both clubs’ charitable foundations.
Arsenal travel to the Santiago Bernabeu for the first game on Sunday, June 3 with the sides playing in North London in a second match on Saturday, September 8, kick-off 2pm.
Robert Pires was in Madrid on Monday to announce the games.
The Gunners great is set to play alongside fellow Invincibles Freddie Ljungberg, Gilberto Silva, Ray Parlour, Sol Campbell and Lauren.
You may also want to watch:
Tomas Rosicky is also set to take part in both legs, together with a host of star names.
Roberto Carlos, Xabi Alonso and Raul are among the players due to feature for Real Madrid Legends.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
The match in Spain will be played in aid of Real Madrid’s Foundation, with the return match in aid of The Arsenal Foundation.
Arsenal’s first legends match against AC Milan Glorie in 2016 helped to raise £1million to build football pitches around north London and internationally – with the eagerly awaited double-header against Real set to help the Arsenal Foundation reach more young people around the world.