Arsenal legends side confirmed to play charity match against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
It has been confirmed an Arsenal legends team have been invited to take part in a prestigious charity match against Real Madrid this summer.
A Gunners side featuring former players will grace the Santiago Bernabeu stadium for the Corazon Classic Match 2018 against Real Madrid Legends.
The game will be held on Sunday, June 3 and the proceeds of the fixture will go to Real Madrid Foundation projects for children.
The event will be attended by the president of Real Madrid and the Real Madrid Foundation, Florentino Pérez, director of business development at Arsenal, Peter Silverstone and players from Real Madrid Legends and Arsenal Legends to be confirmed.
The Arsenal first team beat Real Madrid 1-0 in the Bernabeu in 2006 through a superb goal from Thierry Henry during the club’s run to the Champions League final later that year.
You may also want to watch:
Real Madrid legends played AS Roma legends in the 2017 Corazon Classic while the last time an Arsenal legends side played in such a high profile match was when they beat AC Milan Glorie 4-2 at the Emirates in September 2016 through a Kanu treble and a goal from Robert Pires.
Read Layth’s report that day from Arsenal Legends v Milan Glorie.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools