Arsenal LGBT group Gay Gooners marks fifth birthday with community five-a-side tournament before Everton
- Credit: Archant
February is the fifth anniversary of the Gay Gooners, Arsenal’s official LGBT supporters’ club.
To mark the occasion they are holding a five-a-side tournament at the Arsenal Community Centre on Saturday before the Everton match on Saturday.
With more than 600 members the group is the largest LGBT fan group of any football club in the world.
Dave Raval from the group said: “We’re celebrating the impact that we and the club have had in bringing fans together.
“We plan to make it a fun experience, and hope everyone will enjoy it.”
You may also want to watch:
Teams confirmed so far are from the Arsenal Community, Arsenal Denmark, Arsenal Walking Football, Arsenal Womens Supporters Club, Gay Gooners, Octopus Energy, REDaction and an Everton Supporters Club team.
The tournament will take place at the Arsenal Community Centre, ‘The Hub’, in the south west of the Emirates stadium, on the corner of Benwell and Queensland Roads.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition