Arsenal LGBT group Gay Gooners marks fifth birthday with community five-a-side tournament before Everton
- Credit: Archant
February is the fifth anniversary of the Gay Gooners, Arsenal’s official LGBT supporters’ club.
To mark the occasion they are holding a five-a-side tournament at the Arsenal Community Centre on Saturday before the Everton match on Saturday.
With more than 600 members the group is the largest LGBT fan group of any football club in the world.
Dave Raval from the group said: “We’re celebrating the impact that we and the club have had in bringing fans together.
“We plan to make it a fun experience, and hope everyone will enjoy it.”
You may also want to watch:
Teams confirmed so far are from the Arsenal Community, Arsenal Denmark, Arsenal Walking Football, Arsenal Womens Supporters Club, Gay Gooners, Octopus Energy, REDaction and an Everton Supporters Club team.
The tournament will take place at the Arsenal Community Centre, ‘The Hub’, in the south west of the Emirates stadium, on the corner of Benwell and Queensland Roads.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'