Arsenal loan signing from Barcelona Denis Suarez hails legends Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp
- Credit: Archant
New Arsenal signing Denis Suarez has been speaking after putting pen to paper on a loan deal.
The Gunners new loanee Suarez has been sharing his knowledge of the club after joining the club on Thursday by hailing Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp. Suarez, who spent time with Manchester City at the start of his career but was always intrigued by the pair as a youngster, revealed how the strikers caught his attention.
He said: “One thing no one knows about me is that when I was little and I used to watch the Premier League on the TV, Arsenal were a team that really inspired me.
“I used to watch Bergkamp and Henry - they’re both legends of the club and hopefully we can follow in their footsteps.”
The Barca attacker who has signed for Unai Emery in a loan deal with a view to a permanent deal in the summer also praised former team-mate Lionel Messi, describing him as the ‘the best player in the world’.
You may also want to watch:
Suarez also admitted the player he looked up to more than any in world football is Andres Iniesta.
He added: “He’s always been my idol, ever since I was young. As well as the fact that he plays in a similar position to me, I was also able to spend two years with him - I learned a lot from him. It’s always been a massive compliment to be compared to him.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'