Arsenal manager Wenger: I’m open to signing new players in this transfer window
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is open to the possibility of making new signings in the Janunary transfer window.
Despite speculation rising Alexis Sanchez will be sold to Manchester City, with Mesut Ozil to leave in the summer the long-serving Frenchman has suggested he would welcome a new face.
Speaking ahead of the Gunners hosting Chelsea in the Premier League on Wednesday, Wenger said: “We are open in any position for the exceptional player that can give us a plus.
“It depends a bit on the injuries as well, on the other hand it depends who will manage to extend the contracts of the players who are at the end of their contracts in June.”
However, long-term observers of the club are cynical as to whether the Frenchman is serious about bolstering the first team squad this month.
You may also want to watch:
More to come from the Islington Gazette’s round-up of the latest transfer news.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’