Arsenal manager Wenger: I’m open to signing new players in this transfer window
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is open to the possibility of making new signings in the Janunary transfer window.
Despite speculation rising Alexis Sanchez will be sold to Manchester City, with Mesut Ozil to leave in the summer the long-serving Frenchman has suggested he would welcome a new face.
Speaking ahead of the Gunners hosting Chelsea in the Premier League on Wednesday, Wenger said: “We are open in any position for the exceptional player that can give us a plus.
“It depends a bit on the injuries as well, on the other hand it depends who will manage to extend the contracts of the players who are at the end of their contracts in June.”
However, long-term observers of the club are cynical as to whether the Frenchman is serious about bolstering the first team squad this month.
You may also want to watch:
More to come from the Islington Gazette’s round-up of the latest transfer news.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion