Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey is ‘important’ insists Unai Emery
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
New Arsenal head coach Unai Emery has been speaking about Aaron Ramsey’s contract situation during his first press conference at the club’s London Colney training ground.
Aaron Ramsey has entered the final 12 months of his contract and speculation is rising about his future.
The 27-year-old midfielder has been a key player for Arsenal over the last few seasons and would be a big loss if he was to leave.
With the Gunners looking to avoid a repeat of Jack Wilshere running down his contract, questions about the Welshman’s future were raised with Emery.
He replied: “This is one question for the player and for the club. In my opinion, I’ve said to Ivan [Gazidis], Raul [Sanllehi] and Sven [Mislintat] that I think he’s an important player for me.
“I’m very happy with him. For me, every day, every training session, he has the ambition I want.
“He’s working with a quality, the type of ability that I want. I want to work with him.”
- 1 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 2 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 3 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 4 Polio virus found in Islington sewage
- 5 Murder investigation after teenager stabbed in Islington park
- 6 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 'Extremely distressing': Council leader's shock after Highbury Fields stabbing
- 9 Hospital trust increasingly reliant on international medical staff
- 10 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
Follow Gunners reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29 and join the Islington Gazette Arsenal Facebook page for more.