Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey is ‘important’ insists Unai Emery
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
New Arsenal head coach Unai Emery has been speaking about Aaron Ramsey’s contract situation during his first press conference at the club’s London Colney training ground.
Aaron Ramsey has entered the final 12 months of his contract and speculation is rising about his future.
The 27-year-old midfielder has been a key player for Arsenal over the last few seasons and would be a big loss if he was to leave.
With the Gunners looking to avoid a repeat of Jack Wilshere running down his contract, questions about the Welshman’s future were raised with Emery.
He replied: “This is one question for the player and for the club. In my opinion, I’ve said to Ivan [Gazidis], Raul [Sanllehi] and Sven [Mislintat] that I think he’s an important player for me.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very happy with him. For me, every day, every training session, he has the ambition I want.
“He’s working with a quality, the type of ability that I want. I want to work with him.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Follow Gunners reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29 and join the Islington Gazette Arsenal Facebook page for more.