Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey is ‘important’ insists Unai Emery
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
New Arsenal head coach Unai Emery has been speaking about Aaron Ramsey’s contract situation during his first press conference at the club’s London Colney training ground.
Aaron Ramsey has entered the final 12 months of his contract and speculation is rising about his future.
The 27-year-old midfielder has been a key player for Arsenal over the last few seasons and would be a big loss if he was to leave.
With the Gunners looking to avoid a repeat of Jack Wilshere running down his contract, questions about the Welshman’s future were raised with Emery.
He replied: “This is one question for the player and for the club. In my opinion, I’ve said to Ivan [Gazidis], Raul [Sanllehi] and Sven [Mislintat] that I think he’s an important player for me.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very happy with him. For me, every day, every training session, he has the ambition I want.
“He’s working with a quality, the type of ability that I want. I want to work with him.”
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Follow Gunners reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29 and join the Islington Gazette Arsenal Facebook page for more.