Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey offered £30m five-year contract deal to sign for Juventus
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Reports emerging from Italy are claiming Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey is set to join Juventus in a deal worth around £30m to the player.
As reported in Wednesday’s Islington Gazette the Serie A giants revealed their interest in signing Aaron Ramsey from Arsenal on a free transfer this summer.
The 34-time Scudetto winners aim to beat off competition from Italian rivals Lazio, AC Milan and Inter Milan as well as perennial Bundesliga winners Bayern Munich with by offering him a five year deal worth EUR 34m.
The 28-year-old is out of contract in June and from January 1, the Welsh international has been able to negotiate with clubs and can sign a pre-contract.
The Juventus sporting director, Fabio Paratici, said of Ramsey: “He’s a great player, we really like him and he plays for a great team. His contract is expiring and we’re always alerted to situations that the market offers, so we’ve been alerted to Ramsey.”
You may also want to watch:
The deal has been reported by Italy’s largerst commercial broadcaster Mediaset who say Ramsey would sign a pre-contract agreement with Juve this month with a view to joining when his Arsenal contract expires in June ‘and then moving to Turin in the summer.’
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'