Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey targeted by Lazio
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
News is emerging from Italy that Serie A giants Lazio want to sign Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey.
The 27-year-old midfielder is wanted by the Rome side as a replacement for Serbian World Cup star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.
The Corriere dello Sport newspaper is reporting that the Biancocelesti are preparing to lodge a bid to lure the former Cardiff City player to the Italian capital.
New head coach Unai Emery is believed to want to keep the Welshman at the Emirates but Lazio are keen on the Welshman.
Ramsey’s contract expires in 12 months time but the star has yet to come to an agreement with Arsenal to put pen to paper on a new deal despite initial discussions between his representatives and the club.
You may also want to watch:
Although the Gunners failed to qualify for the Champions League for the second time in two years, Lazio finished last season in fifth place in Serie A, meaning they too enter the Europa League.
However, they are being strongly linked with Ramsey and want to line him up to replace Milinkovic-Savic, after the 24-year-old Spnaish born former Genk player has been courted by a host of top level clubs following eye-catching displays at the World Cup in Russia.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 10 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants