Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey: We have to defend well against Manchester City
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has warned his team-mates they will have to be at their best defensively against Premier League leaders Manchester City at the Etihad on Sunday.
The 26-year-old box-to-box midfielder is wary of the threat posed by Pep Guardiola’s men after their impressive start to the which has seen them already score 35 league goals this season in only ten matches.
The Welshman who notched his 50th Arsenal goal against Swansea City last Saturday has cautioned his team to curb their natural-attacking instincts against the team many are tipping as possible champions.
Speaking on Sky Sports News he said: “Manchester City like to attack and get between the lines and we will have to defend a lot more compactly and maybe look to break off that.
“When we have the ball we will still want to play and create opportunities because that’s our identify and that’s what we’re comfortable doing.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully we can go there and do well with the ball.
“They have some top quality players who get the ball down and play which is very similar to the way we play – so it has the ingredients for a good game.”
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter