Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey: We have to defend well against Manchester City
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has warned his team-mates they will have to be at their best defensively against Premier League leaders Manchester City at the Etihad on Sunday.
The 26-year-old box-to-box midfielder is wary of the threat posed by Pep Guardiola’s men after their impressive start to the which has seen them already score 35 league goals this season in only ten matches.
The Welshman who notched his 50th Arsenal goal against Swansea City last Saturday has cautioned his team to curb their natural-attacking instincts against the team many are tipping as possible champions.
Speaking on Sky Sports News he said: “Manchester City like to attack and get between the lines and we will have to defend a lot more compactly and maybe look to break off that.
“When we have the ball we will still want to play and create opportunities because that’s our identify and that’s what we’re comfortable doing.
“Hopefully we can go there and do well with the ball.
“They have some top quality players who get the ball down and play which is very similar to the way we play – so it has the ingredients for a good game.”
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 6 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 10 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids