Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil ‘questioned by police over photographer collision’ in Highgate
Arsenal’s star midfielder Mesut Ozil is believed to have been questioned by police over allegations the car he was driving collided with a photographer in Highgate.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in Sheldon Avenue at around 7.15pm on Friday.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called to reports of an alleged collision between a vehicle and a member of the public.
“The member of the public, a man in his 30s, sustained minor injuries.
“Officers have spoken to the driver of the vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue and no arrests have been made.
German international Ozil, 25, joined Arsenal for a club-record fee of £42.5 million from Real Madrid last September.
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 4 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week