Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil ‘questioned by police over photographer collision’ in Highgate
Arsenal’s star midfielder Mesut Ozil is believed to have been questioned by police over allegations the car he was driving collided with a photographer in Highgate.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in Sheldon Avenue at around 7.15pm on Friday.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called to reports of an alleged collision between a vehicle and a member of the public.
“The member of the public, a man in his 30s, sustained minor injuries.
“Officers have spoken to the driver of the vehicle.”
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue and no arrests have been made.
German international Ozil, 25, joined Arsenal for a club-record fee of £42.5 million from Real Madrid last September.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 4 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 5 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 6 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?