Arsenal must work to win difficult games according to Guendouzi
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Matteo Guendouzi believes that Arsenal need to work on winning difficult games after letting a two-goal lead slip in their 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace at the Emirates. Read on for his thoughts.
On having to settle for a point...
We really wanted to win the game so we attacked a lot towards the end to get the third goal. We allowed spaces [for Palace on the break] but it's because we really wanted to win.
On letting a lead slip...
It's not a mental issue. We didn't manage to hold our advantage. We knew they were a good team, with individual quality, and they played well for their goals. Zaha did well to get a penalty. It's down to us to work so we win these kinds of matches after taking the lead.
You may also want to watch:
I'm not sure what happened on our disallowed goal. It's like last Monday at Sheffield [United]. The ref didn't check with VAR then on Sokratis and Saka. This time he checks and it goes against us. I haven't seen it again yet but we lose two points because of that today and a point at Sheffield too.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
On the return of Lacazette...
Lacazette is back and it's a big boost for us. There are not many players like him. He brought us a lot today and he will be key for us in this competition.
On his yellow card...
I had to foul Zaha at the end, otherwise he is through on goal on his own. I'm the last defender but I'm far from our goal as well. I had to do it.