Arsenal must work to win difficult games according to Guendouzi
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Matteo Guendouzi believes that Arsenal need to work on winning difficult games after letting a two-goal lead slip in their 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace at the Emirates. Read on for his thoughts.
On having to settle for a point...
We really wanted to win the game so we attacked a lot towards the end to get the third goal. We allowed spaces [for Palace on the break] but it's because we really wanted to win.
On letting a lead slip...
It's not a mental issue. We didn't manage to hold our advantage. We knew they were a good team, with individual quality, and they played well for their goals. Zaha did well to get a penalty. It's down to us to work so we win these kinds of matches after taking the lead.
You may also want to watch:
I'm not sure what happened on our disallowed goal. It's like last Monday at Sheffield [United]. The ref didn't check with VAR then on Sokratis and Saka. This time he checks and it goes against us. I haven't seen it again yet but we lose two points because of that today and a point at Sheffield too.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
On the return of Lacazette...
Lacazette is back and it's a big boost for us. There are not many players like him. He brought us a lot today and he will be key for us in this competition.
On his yellow card...
I had to foul Zaha at the end, otherwise he is through on goal on his own. I'm the last defender but I'm far from our goal as well. I had to do it.