Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke: Arsene Wenger transformed the identity of the club
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke has released as statement explaining the reasons why Arsene Wenger has left the club. Read on for more.
This is one of the most difficult days we have ever had in all our years in sport. One of the main reasons we got involved with Arsenal was because of what Arsène has brought to the club on and off the pitch. His longevity and consistency over such a sustained period at the highest level of the game will never be matched.
Arsene has unparalleled class and we will always be grateful to him. Everyone who loves Arsenal and everyone who loves football owes him a debt of gratitude. Three Premier League titles, including an entire season unbeaten, seven FA Cup triumphs and 20 successive years in the Champions League is an exceptional record. He has also transformed the identity of our club and of English football with his vision for how the game can be played.
We have high ambitions to build on Arsene’s remarkable tenure and to honour his vision by ensuring that Arsenal competes for and wins the biggest and most important prizes in the game.
You may also want to watch:
We must now focus on making a strong finish to the season and ask our millions of fans around the world to join us in paying appropriate tribute to one of the greats of Arsenal’s history and one of the greats of the game.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 9 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension