Arsenal PLAYER RATINGS at Leicester City in Arsene Wenger’s penultimate match in charge
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal played Leicester City at the King Power Stadium in Arsene Wenger’s penultimate match in charge of the Gunners on Wednesday evening
Petr Cech: 7 – Sharp save at the near post early on from a lively Jamie Vardy. Could he have stopped the opening goal? More to the point will the new manager opt for a new first choice goalkeeper, perhaps from outside the club?
Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 7 - Excellent work down the right flank early in the second half to square the ball for Aubameyang for fire home.
Rob Holding: 7 - Twisted and turned by Vardy early on but recovered to show composure in a disrupted backline
Tinos Mavropanos: 5 – This correspondent has watched a lot of this prospect since he signed for the club in January and has repeatedly cautioned that the Greek centre-half is simply not ready for the cut and thrust of the Premier League week in week out at the moment. That was proved by his inexperience in pulling Iheanacho down after being robbed of the ball near the half-way line. A real shame after his impressive debut at Old Trafford last month – but will be far better for the experience
Sead Kolasinac: 7 - Thudded the post early in the second half and looks to be back to a semblance of his early season sparkle after an awful dip midway through the season.
- 1 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 2 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 4 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 5 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 6 Karate champion helps children to build confidence through martial arts
- 7 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 8 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 9 Husband granted right to use late wife's embryo for surrogacy
- 10 'Barbecue-inspired' meat-free summer menu at cycling cafe
Granit Xhaka: 7 - Solid but ineffective
Aaron Ramsey: 7.5 - Solid
Alex Iwobi; 4 – Has he played his last away game for Arsenal? The new boss will surely not put up with such a lacklustre showing next season
Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Slightly off the pace and not as effective as he would have liked. Gave away the penalty after clipping Demarai Gray in the box.
Danny Welbeck: N/A – Hooked early on for Mustafi to slot into a depleted defence after Mavropanos’ sending off
Pierre-Emierick Aubameyang: 8 - He might not be on time for training at London Colney but his finishing is always timely. Dangerous throughout even if his touch on the night was not as good as it could have been given his talent
Shkodran Mustafi: On for Welbeck to shore up the defence, although with some of his poorer performances in mind maybe it would have been better to leave the forward on and simply attempt to outscore the home side.
Eddie Nketiah: 7 - On for Iwobi with minutes remaining.