Arsenal PLAYER RATINGS from Arsene Wenger’s final match in charge at Huddersfield Town
Layth Yousif At The John Smith’S Stadium, Huddersfield, For Arsene Wenger’S Final Match In Charge Of Arsenal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal won 1-0 at Huddersfield Town in Arsene Wenger’s final match in charge of the Gunners. Read Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS – including his mark for the long-serving Frenchman on an emotional afternoon in Yorkshire.
David Ospina: 7 – Showed good presence in the box under sustained threat throughout. A good performance but it is difficult to see him being first choice as goalkeeper next season.
Hector Bellerin: 7 - Showed good energy throughout on a hot day.
Shkodran Mustafi: 7 – Offered a strong presence throughout, one of his better days but another who you cannot imagine being first choice centre-half next term.
Rob Holding: 7 – This season has been a learning curve after impressive displays at the back end of 2016-17. Needs to improve decision-making at times but should be very much seen as a long-term prospect. Let’s hope the new boss agrees.
Sead Kolasinac: 7 – Powerful display after a bad mid season dip following an impressive start. More consistency required but is certainly worth a place in the squad
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 5 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 6 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 7 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 10 More than 18,000 Covid breach fines issued by Met during lockdowns
Granit Xhaka: 6.5 – Good at corners and free-kicks while providing solidity. Will that be enough to seal a place next term under the new manager?
Aaron Ramsey: 7.5 – Captain and leader. Assist for Auba’s goal and an influential display full of hard work after a long season. The sooner Arsenal tie him down on a long, extended contract the better.
Alex Iwobi: 6.5 – Showed willing but will surely not be in the frame under the new man come August after two disappointing years
Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 6.5 – A promising six months for a player that needs a manager to believe in him. Wenger did but will the next man be so accommodating on the days when he isn’t as influential as he would like to be?
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 8 – His 38th minute winner made it 10 goals in 13 games along with four assists in an excellent start to his Arsenal career. Could be a crucial part of a possible title bid next season if he keeps up the form he has showed since January.
Alexandre Lacazette: 7.5 – A true team player who has given his all for the cause throughout his debut season at Arsenal. Can look back with pride but there is still far more to come next season.
Arsene Wenger: 10/10: Merci Arsene