Arsenal PLAYER RATINGS from Arsene Wenger’s final match in charge at Huddersfield Town
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal won 1-0 at Huddersfield Town in Arsene Wenger’s final match in charge of the Gunners. Read Layth Yousif’s PLAYER RATINGS – including his mark for the long-serving Frenchman on an emotional afternoon in Yorkshire.
David Ospina: 7 – Showed good presence in the box under sustained threat throughout. A good performance but it is difficult to see him being first choice as goalkeeper next season.
Hector Bellerin: 7 - Showed good energy throughout on a hot day.
Shkodran Mustafi: 7 – Offered a strong presence throughout, one of his better days but another who you cannot imagine being first choice centre-half next term.
You may also want to watch:
Rob Holding: 7 – This season has been a learning curve after impressive displays at the back end of 2016-17. Needs to improve decision-making at times but should be very much seen as a long-term prospect. Let’s hope the new boss agrees.
Sead Kolasinac: 7 – Powerful display after a bad mid season dip following an impressive start. More consistency required but is certainly worth a place in the squad
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Granit Xhaka: 6.5 – Good at corners and free-kicks while providing solidity. Will that be enough to seal a place next term under the new manager?
Aaron Ramsey: 7.5 – Captain and leader. Assist for Auba’s goal and an influential display full of hard work after a long season. The sooner Arsenal tie him down on a long, extended contract the better.
Alex Iwobi: 6.5 – Showed willing but will surely not be in the frame under the new man come August after two disappointing years
Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 6.5 – A promising six months for a player that needs a manager to believe in him. Wenger did but will the next man be so accommodating on the days when he isn’t as influential as he would like to be?
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 8 – His 38th minute winner made it 10 goals in 13 games along with four assists in an excellent start to his Arsenal career. Could be a crucial part of a possible title bid next season if he keeps up the form he has showed since January.
Alexandre Lacazette: 7.5 – A true team player who has given his all for the cause throughout his debut season at Arsenal. Can look back with pride but there is still far more to come next season.
Arsene Wenger: 10/10: Merci Arsene